View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 06:49 PM
JanTx

Default Christmas table toppers - easy!

I'm not even sure I took pictures of all the toppers/runners I've made. Walmart had cute Christmas fabric that I got after Christmas last year from 69 cents to $1.10/yard. The pattern is based on one I found on here - 5 rectangles that I made 6X10 or so - depending on how much fabric I had. Sashed with 1 1/2 inch strips (cause I had some pre-cut from another project) and added 3 1/2 inch borders - all those are before sewing sizes. I pulled the backing around for the binding. I gave these to my grandson's pre-k teachers - principal, music teacher, PE teacher, teacher and aide. I have been visiting him at school about once a month - he has Asperger's Syndrome (high functioning autism) and ... they work very hard with him. I taught with the PE teacher and the music teacher taught my son over 20 years ago. I'm also a music teacher so we travel in the same circles. All that to say that I wouldn't normally give gifts to a grandson's teacher - and didn't for my other grandson (who lives in a different town). Also have a few left for those last minute gifts.

The sashing is Moda, not Walmart. The Santa/music fabric is from fat quarters I bought at the Houston Quilt Festival last year.
Attached Thumbnails dsc01979.jpg   dsc01978.jpg   dsc01976.jpg   dsc01975.jpg   dsc01971.jpg  

Last edited by JanTx; 12-13-2011 at 06:52 PM.