View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 07:02 PM
M.I.Late

I have not paid that high of a price to have a queen size quilt done. However, if you want it the same from side to side - end to end it's usually 1 to 1 1/2 cents per square inch. If you want nicer quilting - say some stippling - perhaps up to 2 cents per square inch. If you want really great custom quilting where the quilter is basically creating an heirloom for you - it can go 3 to 3 1/2 cents and up from there depending on the complexity of the pattern. I have done stippling and other basic quilting on my machine at home, but nothing bigger than a lap quilt. Any bigger than that, my DH is glad to pay to finish it or he'll have to hear me swearing, complaining that my back hurts, and helping me rip out my mistakes. My pleasure is entirely in the piecing portion of the quilt. I will tell you though, my husband really likes when I make them start to finish. p.s. She can learn to do the binding fairly easily and that saves some money. Just do it when it comes back from the quilter. Urge her to practice and maybe join the "Doll quilt" swaps here on the board. They are a great way to learn and practice her quilting. And for you: "Welcome to the world of quilting". Let her make you proud and encourage every aspect of her new found hobby - a happy wife - a happy life". Hugs