View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 PM
quiltingnonie

Default 9 Years - Finally finished. Whew!

When my DD was a senior in HS, she had made a baby quilt for one of her teachers, and felt she was now an experienced quilt maker and wanted to make a larger one for herself. She picked out a pattern- which I told her was a bit difficult for a beginner. But being 17, she went ahead anyway. She chose all the fabrics, but I did help with the rotary cutting. Well then she was off to college, then Europe, then marriage. This past summer I was at her house helping her make room for baby #2. Wadded up in the back of a closet was the quilt. She said "Oh throw that out - I made a mess of it." She had used cheap polyester batting, an old sheet for the backing, and tried quilting it with invisible thread on her little cheap machine. It WAS a mess! I claimed to throw it out, but brought it home. Spent months picking out the quilting, bought new cotton batting and backing and had it LA quilted. She has no clue, and I am wrapping it up for Christmas for her daughter - my 1st grandchild. I felt my DD did an excellent job in making the quilt top, just couldn't "throw it out"!

I couldn't resist adding a pic of my sweet GD (14mo) who will get the quilt, with her baby brother (4mo) Guaranteed to make you smile!
Attached Thumbnails tulip-money-qult-006.jpg   tulip-money-qult-007.jpg   tulip-money-qult-008.jpg   reindeer-babies-008.jpg