View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:39 AM
ploverwi2

Originally Posted by barri1 View Post
I'm really laughing.. I started in a small studio apartment with a small healing mat, rotary cutter, used machine in a cabinet, safety pins, and a small kitchen table.. I made a queen sized quilt which was scrappy before scrappy was popular.. I used buttons instead of ties.. I love it.. but made a big mistake.. I didn't wash the fabric before quilting.. I don't use the quilt, so never washed it.. I'm terrified to do it.. Now I'm in a one bedroom.. I have a small table with 18"X 12" mat, and I'm using a 1926 Singer 66 in a cabinet.. I'm in the middle of making five identical queen quilts qith scraps.. The fabric for the project is sitting on my cocktail table.. The rest are in sweater boxes stacked.. I'm not jealous of all who have the room.. I just take what I have, and make the best of it.. I have one major problem.. I have a curly little dog, and the snippets travel from where I'm working to other parts of the house.. Sort of like hitch hikers..
Barri
I am also in a one bedroom tiny apartment. I have a good sized bedroom. So that is where I sew. I wish I had more room. I envy those who have the beautiful rooms devoted just to sewing. However, I do ok, and I love working on projects. I have a wonderful Janome 660 Professional that I absolutely love. It's all good.