View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Randy

Hi Quilters:
From reading through the different Quilting Board messages I've discovered there are striking similarities between ALL quilters. ...we've all heard the 6 degrees of separation between all people on earth and I think there is less than 6 degrees of difference between quilters. Here's what I'm seeing:

1. We all GIVE of ourselves.

2. We all want to SHARE our expertise, tips and hints to make projects (and life in general) easier for others.

3. We are all eager to learn from others.

4. We all love to encourage and support our quilting sisters/brothers through compliments on our projects as seen through pictures .

5. We are all VISUAL learners. "Give us a picture and we can figure out the rest!"

6. We are all very family oriented...we know what's important in this life.

7. We all seem to be animal lovers. I read a quote somewhere that says something like "You can tell the purity and love or the ugliness in a person's heart by the way he treats his animals."

There are probably many more similarities but these are the ones that stand out.

Attached is a picture of my quilt kittie. He was skinned in a car engine, had his leg, hip, tail broken and was closer to death than alive when he was found and taken to a NO KILL rescue shelter. We are volunteer foster homes for many of these animals. This little guy was born in a field to a feral mamma and never had the opportunity to be a kitten because of his horrible injuries when he was about 9 weeks old. We knew when we brought him home from the hospital to recover that he would never leave. He's been with us for 5 years and his favorite spot is a quilt scrap box under my sewing machine and his greatest pleasure in life is when I turn the scrap box over and he "chooses" which scraps he thinks might be a mouse. He's the best intertainment in town.

Happy Quilting!
Randy
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54651.jpe   attachment-54946.jpe