Old 12-15-2011, 06:16 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Thanks Miriam for the information. I thought of you today when I said good by to that machine. I knew that you would have given it a good home, or at least tried to clean it up. If I had your phone number, I'd have called you and told you go and get it. After all, I had paid for it. It wasn't frozen up at all, and the wheel would make the needle bar go up and down. But I knew that I couldn't get anywhere with the hubby on that one, so I didn't try. Some day, I would like to take one apart and try to see what I could do with a machine. Some day.... And what I wanted most was the attachments, and I got them!!.
AW I wish I could have had it..... It is amazing what you can do with them - if nothing else - parts. i'm working on a redeye sort of half heartedly. It is mechanically fantastic. The paint isn't too bad but it sure is crudded up with black goo on the chrome parts. I think I'm going to have to try the barkeepers on that. The balance wheel is really rusty but I think the barkeepers might help it. The nose and the circle plate have chrome coming off around the edges. It isn't too bad inside. The bobbin winder is gross. The bobbin wick is gone. Any body know what to do about those?