Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Janis View Post
Here's what I got today. I paid for a 1931 Singer 66 in a cabinet but left it there!!! (I have to pick my battles with the hubby.) He said NO MORE MACHINES!!! but he found this one at the flea market. He showed it to me because of the attachments and HE determined that the machine was junk! (he has NO mechanical abilities, nor interests in the workings of a machine.) The wheel was rusty, and other things too weren't so great........ So I paid the #25.00 for the machine and left it and the cabinet there. What I went home with is a Singer Pinking Attachment with original instruction book for it, a Singer Hemstitcher and Picoting Attachment in the original box and the instruction booklet for it, a foot hemmer, adjustable hemmer, ruffler, blindstitch attachment, 2 wide zipper feet, a seam guide, A. Colbert Embroidery Guide Braider, ( what ever that is), a short quilting foot, (I think ), that can have the bar put in it, a 1/4" black foot, and 10 bobbins, of which 7 are solid and three have the three holes in the side of them. I think I did quite good for the $25.00, don't you? I hated leaving the machine there, but thought that some one else could use it. I did leave a bobbin in the bobbin case for them. Now I need to know where I can get the special cover for the feed dogs for the 221 so I can use the hemstitcher on it. The plate I got will work on my 99. Also, what about the little rubber feet on the hemstitcher ? They are hard and brittle. Does that matter a lot, and if so, can I get replacements for them? And the bobbins, are the ones for the 66 the solid ones and the ones with the holes for the 99, or are they interchangable?
Nice find! Enjoy them all!