Old 12-16-2011, 08:40 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

any of you who are members of thequiltshow.com - episode #809 - paper pieced perfection - is filled with tips and a great demonstration of a New York Beauty made with this method. Alex Anderson has a few books out too, for anyone wanting more info. Basically 1) you need to set your stitches to a smaller setting; 2) it helps if you run an edge of something hard like one of those quilt tools that has an end and looks like a dowel cut at a slant - you can also use the handle part of some utensils once you fold the paper back over the stitches and then rub along......

ok - I'm rambling - looked back and even I am looking cross-eyed! that is what happens when you try explaining something quickly when you gotta run... promised to watch GS #3 [8mo old] while mommy helps with #1 [5yo] Christmas party and #2 [3yo] at preschool... You need more than 3hr/mo!! I know what 2 & 4 yr olds are like too - my Son & DIL worked full time while I had the boys first 4+years 40-50hr... loved it but wow it does make you tired!!!

gotta run