View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 10:48 AM
tdtdesign

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
wow..really...I would wait at least a year to make sure all the bugs are ironed out of the book/patterns first! Believe me there will be issues..there always is!
This book is self-published, and Laurie was fanatical about making it perfect. Laurie, her technical editor, and I proofed the pages *multiple* times. And every time I entered even a small correction, Laurie proofed it again. We're only human so five errors got past us. The most serious of the four errors is one piece that I mislabeled in a cutting list. All of the corrections are noted on the CD. When I prepared the files for the second printing, I entered (and Laurie proofed) the corrections to those five errors.

I plan to enter the book in book-design and cover-design competitions, so I made a number of tiny text-alignment adjustments that would only be noticed by someone judging typography. For my own aesthetic, I made color adjustments to a some of the decorative elements in the layout, including a couple of the pony dingbats and one drop shadow. Not that I was obsessing or anything like that. ;-)

Toni