Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
kastolzm

Default Help - mosaic tee shirt quilt - need guidance!

Hiya All, I am a NEW quilter. I've started a mosaic Tshirt quilt of my parents Harley Davidson shirts. I wasn't able to find a pattern to follow for a mosaic tee shirt quilt. I asked around a few bloggers but they just said they piece it together and go from there [for the top layer]. So I went with that. So I've pieced together the shirts and have fabric to "fill in" the spaces where the shirts don't meet up.

Here's the problem...I didn't think about making the "open spaces" nice and even squares or rectangles...I was focusing on spreading out the shirts and making the open space relatively even throughout. Now I've sewn the shirts together...but I didn't leave a margin for the extra fabric to be sewn in. Meaning I sewed all the way to each end of the tee shirt square forgetting there was going to be another piece sewn in. I hope this makes sense...sigh...I am getting frustrated. Short of ripping [seam ripper] all the shirts apart...and starting over...I just don't know what to do. I've been standing here staring at the layout [on the floor] for the last hour.

Anyone have advice????? THANK YOU.