Thread: new project
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 02:21 PM
Gramie bj

Originally Posted by Juliebelle View Post
Well I took the bull by the horns this week, I am cutting all my multiple boxes of scraps into sizes, so far I have 6 boxes labeled and starting to be filled up. This is a much bigger project then I thought it would be but it is rewarding to see all the old fabrics again. Some of them I am coming across I look at them now and think what were you thinking, it is funny how your taste changes as times goes by. Once I am done I will post a picture. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.
I started doing this in the past year, down to 1 bin full to be cut anything WOF and over 1 foot is sorted by color and labeled lg scraps. rest is cut into strips and squares. Over 12 inches is wraped on board and placed back into my stash as yardage. when doing a project always go to lg scraps first to find something that I need.So far it is working well. I have also taught myself that after finishing a project, cut all scraps from that project. Takes a lill extra time as you clean up but not adding to my scrap bin feels so good! LOL Good luck with yours