View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 04:59 PM
echoemb

Well here is my crew. She is my second cattle dog. I got her 9 days after my first ACD, Sadie died. I could not go on without a dog and I got Squaw. She is an awesome dog. She has 2 agility championships, a CD in obedience and a Rally excellent title. She has always been more than willing to do whatever I wanted to do with a dog. She is my first "competition dog". She will be 9 in June, 2012 and is slowing down but still wants to do. She has pancreatitis and has for the last 4 years of her life. that is what ended her agility career. It will eventually kill her but so far she is doing really well. Just have to keep her on a low fat diet, no fatty treats and love her.

I founded and ran a ACD rescue for 3 years and these two dogs are how I found out about them. If I hadn't taken Rex he would have died shortly and Dally with his attitude wouldn't not have lasted in a home I don't think.

The next dog in my family is Rex. Got him 6 hours before he was scheduled to be put to sleep. He was a mess. Had failed his behavior test, VERY fear aggressive (in fact he looked like he would take your throat out), hated men. Turns out he is missing part of a rib on one side and I suspect someone hurt him pretty bad. Well, I worked with him for a year (alot of timeouts for Rex) and he is now my silly, clown, goofy dog. He still isn't thrilled with alot of men but he has been known to approach somebody at the part or at class. He has a CGC (which our teacher said he would never be "well" enough to get-ha, fooled her and in fact he was the first in the class to pass the test). He will be 5 in January. He is quite the love and my self appointed protector. He lays behind me while I do dishes and guards the door while I take a shower but he is also the silliest dog I have ever had. He actually wiggles his butt clear around to his nose when he wags his tail and I only have to glance in his direction and that tail just goes.

Then there is "butthead". Dally, my avatar has been a challenge. He was turned into a high kill shelter at 5 weeks for biting. Ha, at 5 weeks. The rescue coordinator sent his picture and of course he had to come to me. Well, he was very skinny, VERY wormy, they had cut his tail off and it didn't look so good and he came on the transport with 7 other puppies who all go parvo (all survived). So we worked on getting him healthy and then discovered this ATTITUDE!! I happen to like the ACD attitude but he took it to the 9th power. I spent 3 days fighting with him over a lawn chair when he was about 4 mos old. He'd get in and growl and show his teeth and just wasn't going to let me have that chair...well, fooled him, I won those fights. He has been a challenge but I have won all the battles and at almost 3 he is turning into a really nice dog. Listens most of time, is a very sweet boy and LOVES playing ball and agility. So these are my furkids. All very different in attitude but loveable in their own way.
Attached Thumbnails pretty-squaw.jpg