View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:14 PM
echoemb

I have one more dog I want to share as this dog had a profound effect on me. As I said I ran a rescue and one of my contact called and said they have a feral dog that they had captured, they had been working with her but weren't getting very far and they didn't really have anybody who could work with her and would I take her? I said no for a month. Finally wore me down and she was delivered tranqualized in a dog crate. Well, she WAS feral. Could not touch her, ran into her dog house when you entered her pen, lots of teeth and nasty. Well it took 9 months but I got her into a house, leash trained, housebroken although she just knew not to potty in the house and then I found her an AWESOME home. (it did take 2 tries before I found the right people who got that she was never going to be a "normal" dog) It was not easy but it just shows the power of these dogs to come from a snarling nasty dog into a princess and she is a princess. I learned tons from her and actually Rex taught her to walk on a leash. I tied her to Rex and then Rex and I went for a walk. I knew that troubled dogs can overcome alot and I also know that most people just do not appreciate what awesome creatures dogs are (sorry cat people). I will be eternally grateful for the experience. It was just so neat to watch her personality emerge and see her get it and get up on the couch and sleep in the safe, warm house and her new people just love her. So here is her picture and her name is Lyra.
Attached Thumbnails lira_1.jpg   sdc11897.jpg   lyra-down.jpg