Old 12-17-2011, 03:09 AM
carolaug

I would give to a close friend or close family member, $200.00 for a gift to a stranger is alot unless you feel that is not a lot of money. I struggle spending over 100.00 now for materials at times. People have No idea how much it costs to make a quilt. I made one for my brother and yes he loved it...I added a decal and he said wow that decal costs a lot...do you want me to pay your for it...the decal was 25.00 the quilt material 100.00...he has no idea - He is my brother so money is not the issue but sad how people think its next to nothing to make quilts. I
Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I have been to Aubrey 2 times to do my hair and twice for a facial. She's in her twenties with a daughter. We were talking and I told her I made quilts and had given my kids so many quilts that they don't need any more. I said I didn't know what to do with all of them. She said "I don't have a quilt". Well, I have a choice to make. Should I give her a lap quilt? I don't think she realizes how expensive they are. I had it long armed quilted and it cost me $100 plus over $100 for the fabric. I don't have any runners to give her. She does a great job on my hair and I'm going to continue using her, but I just don't know if giving her such an expensive gift is the right thing to do. What do you think? I have quite a few quilts.