Old 12-17-2011, 10:20 AM
weasier22

Default Just had to post my work in progress Christmas gift!

I know it's getting down to the knitty gritty for getting gifts done, but thank goodness I don't have to mail this one! It's a gift for one of the women I work for at a real estate office. Today I'll finish this table topper and then start on quilting the second one (top is done in a different pattern). I found both patterns in The Quilter Magazine's Quilting for Christmas Holiday 2011 issue. This one is called Crimson Cheer and can be found on page 10. It said "Dress up a bench or love seat for the holidays...", but I think it will make a great table topper. The finished size is 44" x 44". The fabric I used is Holiday Finery Designs by Ann Licensed to SSI. I bought a cookie cutter set at Michaels which has 10 shapes ... each with 2 sizes. I selected the candy cane, bell, stocking and ornament in the larger size for the 4 red corner blocks. Traced them using an ink pen which when heated with an iron, the ink disappears! Love that pen! You will see my pins and batting lint (drives me nuts!) in the pictures. I'll post pictures of both quilts when they are done, but here are pictures of this Crimson Cheer quilt in progress!
Attached Thumbnails work-progress.jpg   christmas-table-topper-gift.jpg   christmas-topper.jpg   backing.jpg   candy-cane.jpg  

christmas-bell.jpg   christmas-stocking.jpg   christmas-ornament-2-.jpg   center.jpg