View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 07:22 PM
judi_lynne

Hi everyone! I have been hovering and am happy to finally brave enough to show my work to all of you highly talented folks. Just a quick overview. I decided I needed a hobby - started with the Cathedral pillow for my daughter - VERY HARD....this pillow is completely hand sewn as I did not have a sewing machine! The one picture is the top complete, Queen sized, laid out on my King-sized bed. The second picture is a picture of the hand quilting I am doing on it.

The next project that I started in November of last year was a quilt for my sister - I have NEVER quilted before but decided that I loved the Dresden plate for her. Who knew??? If I had only known! (I hand sewed all the plates on the squares) because I didn't know any other way. Around the same time, my Grandson thought his quilt should come before anyone elses, so being the doting grandmother I said okay. This is a terrible picture, and if you can't see the center pattern, it is of red and white dice, as his room is all playing card "stuff". So this is my second but my first isn't finished yet!

Next is my recent accomplishment from my first class in hand applique. I am just going to make that a wall hanging . I also used it to practice some machine quilting on it.

I so look forward to asking questions and getting help from all of you knowledgeable folks! And I love to see the pictures of your work. Incredible!

Hope this post isn't too long! :roll:

Judi :roll:

Actually, I'm having trouble posting pictures so don't know if they will show up!