Old 12-17-2011, 03:51 PM
miriam
Power Poster

I went to the first auction ever in my life. Stood around for 5 hours before they auctioned off 100+ machines. Some were too rich for my tight wad blood. Then they did a choice thing. I got 9 machines total. Then the auctioneer got tired so he says $5 each takes all - well that was going to be $300 and half of them were plastic machines and then there were cripples and some that maybe could be combined to make one machine - no foot controls parts missing and who knows if they worked, so I had to force myself to pass - there were some more I would have liked to have gotten for parts. Oh well. What made me sick was the Amish guy bought them and tossed them in the back of a pick up truck. Then he tried to buy a couple I picked up - I'm hanging on to them. I don't even know for sure what I have - they are going to the shop some time tomorrow. I guess the Amish guy doesn't need foot controls... Then I was standing around waiting to see what else was coming up and the DIL of the deceased said they took all the good machines to Indianapolis to an auction..... a couple weeks ago..... ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!