Old 12-17-2011, 04:19 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Celeste View Post
Miriam, thanks for the advice and an aargh from me too for your experience yesterday!!!!

Looking forward to seeing the new ones you picked up!
I'm not even sure what I have - DH kept loading them in as I was buying them. I'm shaking my head on that Amish guy and the auctioneer. They HAD 2 auctioneers and they could have each done a different area and took more time. DUH. A lot of people were there for the machines. In order to buy what I would have liked from the Amish guy I would have had to sell him some of mine. I know I got a 99 and a table for a 99. I'm not sure what all I got until I unload the truck. I know I'm going to be busy in the shop come spring.

The deceased was a sewing repair woman. She had a very interesting place - nice organic gardens, very herbal, lived to be 92, she had a spring house, lots of out buildings (a shop I would kill for), some barns and lots of old stuff. She was into upholstery, quilting, knitting and crochet, leather work - she was handy I'd say. Many books - all went to the same dude that bought the machines. She had lots of relatives too.

Still creeps me out looking at that pick up truck piled high with sewing machines. yikes - should have followed them.... not...