View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 08:12 AM
tdtdesign

JanieW ... No worries. I am just relieved to know there is nothing bizarre and inexplicable about the CD!

QuiltE ... We have not found a solution that works with every printer, but what suggestions we came up with are in the CD intro material ("How to Get the Most From the CD"). There's a shortened set of instructions at the top of each line diagram page. supposedly, every printer has an 8"x8" printable area. I made mighty certain that every diagram is perfectly centered on the page, so if your printer is inclined to print the full image, it will work.

Here's the best suggestion I can come up with: If everything on the CD prints slightly off by the same amount, your quilt will end up a little smaller, but it will work. Print out one diagram and measure it to make sure it is a perfect square. If it is a perfect square, all of the pieces in the diagram will be accurate. Then if you use templates or foundation patterns, before you cut into any fabric, spot check that the pieces in the templates or fp pattern match up exactly with the diagram, be sure to match up pieces printed on the top and on the bottom of the pages.

We could probably write a new book just on how to make every printer behave.