Thread: My sailor son
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 10:40 AM
RugosaB

Default My sailor son

I suppose this is just a bragging post, but I feel you have the right to know, because if you're American, and paying taxes, you have the right to know what you're getting for your money:

My son, in the nuclear propulsion department on the USS Ronald Reagan, is now Petty Officer FIRST Class, E-6

From what I hear, attaining first class after only 4 years is rare. He said it was based on his evaluation, determined by his work, his interview, and he got points for every award he's received.

He told us about various awards he's gotten, but he says them in such a 'no big deal' way, we thought they were 'no big deal.' He even told us about this and gave us the impression it's 'no big deal'

My husband works with some Navy vets, and we got the impression from them, this IS A BIG DEAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's coming home for Christmas, and is not putting up a fuss about bringing his dress uniform home with all it's pins, stripes, and such, so I think maybe, just maybe, it's a little bigger deal than he lets on.

You got a good one!