View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 01:09 PM
tdtdesign

Wink

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
What an absolute privilege to have tdtdesign chatting and offering her words of wisdom.
Thank you, Karen, your kind words. Those who know and love me might take issue with "words of wisdom" part. LOL

To be honest, I have put my heart, soul, and every bit of talent I could conjure for both books. Being fully responsible for the design and production of the second book, and having the ability to work with Laurie without interference from a publisher, has been a joy and a privilege. As you can imagine, it is a delight to see everyone's enthusiasm for our work.

I also have a hidden agenda of sorts. As we worked on the PC book, I kept threatening to blog a "Designer's Diary" to let people see what goes into getting book like this from the first discussion of "should we do this?", to "what made us think this would be fun?", to sending the completed files to press. Suffice it to say, with me in South Carolina and Laurie in Wisconsin, we spent untold hourson the phone through each phase of the book.

I've forgotten too many of the details to do a blog. But sharing bits and pieces of the experience here is a happy substitute. Though I marvel that anyone would have the patience to actually read my lengthy posts.

Another book? No, not cheeky to ask. You are not the only person to mention the possibility. Laurie and I have discussed it briefly. Let me put it this way, 15 minutes after a mother has completed a 20-hour labor is probably not the best time to suggest that she start all over again. I have already thought of a number of ways that I could shoulder some of the grunt work I requested from her. I'll use it as a carrot when the time comes (much later) to talk about another book.

For now, I have six weeks to pack up my household for a move back to Oregon (my home). I'll drop by here when I'm sick to death of organizing and packing...which could happen often.

Cheers,

Toni

Last edited by tdtdesign; 12-18-2011 at 01:13 PM.