Old 01-07-2008, 11:16 PM
OnTheGo

DonnaRae~~ Sorry to hear you had to go through cancer sugery, but please know that cancer is no longer a death sentence. A lot has been learned since those days. I, too, have had cancer...mine was the vocal chords. I had my first surgery for it in 1995, then it stayed dormant (it was in the membrane, but wasn't spreading) until 2001. I took both chemo and radiation for 7 weeks. I have since had some basal cell cancers removed from my hand and wrist. My medical oncologist dismissed me in June, 2007. I still see my surgeon every 4 months, but I'm cancer free.

I refused to read all the info that well-meaning friends sent me about cancer, but instead watched funny movies and shows and laughed. In fact, sometimes I had my doctor's in stitches. I was never sick from the chemo, although toward the end of treatments I was really tired. However, I finished treatments in Aug., 2001 and we took the grandkids to Disney World in Oct. and I rode every ride. I had also gotten a total knee replacement in Jan., 2001 so that was a memorable year for me even without 9/11.

Take care of yourself.