Old 12-18-2011, 02:59 PM
miriam
Power Poster

DH was fixing the car this afternoon so I dug out my new machines. I have one no count Stylist - it was $1 besides it had a cabinet.... Then I found 2 Singer 15s with potted motors, a Spartan, a pair of 66s and and Alden - I didn't have time to give it a good look there - I just saw that it was a little 3/4 machine. Today I looked it over - it is like a Singer 99 only smaller. It runs sweet. I'm sure it had something wrong with it other than the motor wires are BARE - very Bare - but I didn't spend much time on it. I got the Spartan on a hand crank and had a good time playing with it. The other machine was a Japanese that does zig zag. It has all the big dials and chrome. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned - this one was pretty bad. It took a lot of work, but I got it to move, then I got it to zig and zag. I haven't got the stitch length or reverse moving. I think there may be more stitches than zig zag - either still frozen or I didn't figure out the combination or hold my mouth right so I need to dig up a manual. I got a few tables for a buck each. Inside one was a Singer Stylist - it is frozen up pretty bad but it does have drop feet appears to be mostly metal. One table came with a bench and the cubby hole on one side was full of magnets and curtain rings and a huge pair of scissors. I picked up some Evap-o-rust - good stuff. I had my camera along and totally forgot to shoot the machines. I guess I like to tackle the worst ones first - or the ones I'll learn the most from.