Old 12-19-2011, 03:51 AM
dilyn

Default Shhhh .. don’t tell…Granny has a secret…

My mother is 89 years old. She is one of the most prim and proper southern ladies ‘Old Kentuck’ ever produced. Her home is a monument to good taste and neatness. But her secret is …Granny loves to get her bling on! She loves anything that sparkles, shines, twinkles, or has fur. I have to admit, when not wearing sweatshirts and jeans, I like a little bling myself!
She gets a little chilly when watching TV so I made her a little quilted caplet. On the outside it is just a round quilt (it may look like a Christmas tree skirt, but trust me, this is a caplet..lol). It can be spread over the back of her couch until needed and it looks very prim and proper, but when you look on the underside it is lined with the softest pink furry fabric I have ever felt. I decided several times not to use the fur because I didn’t know how it would work out as a batting/lining combo. With Christmas almost here and Granny’s gift the final one to make, I decided to jump in and try it. Let me know what you think?
Attached Thumbnails dscn1488a.jpg   dscn1494a.jpg   dscn1491a.jpg