Old 12-19-2011, 06:33 PM
cabbagepatchkid

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid View Post
First of all, welcome to the forum!!

Next, I just recently bought that same sewing machine! I just checked to see if I had a manual for it. I don't have a manual for the machine but I have one for the New Home attachment set. It has a little bit about maintenance but doesn't tell how to open and close the machine. Can you explain what you mean by "the cable cord underneath is too long"? Can you see anything preventing the machine from coming all the way out of the hole?
Now that I look at your pictures again I think there is something wrong with the "flap" of wood that sits right behind your machine. On my machine, that flap pick "up" to let the machine be let down into the cabinet and then you lift that 'flap' of wood again to allow the machine to come back up. Once you have the machine in the up position then you let the 'flap' of wood down and it should stop flat with the rest of the cabinet and then the machine rests on that while you sew. I can post some pictures if you would like.

On your machine it looks like the 'flap' of wood in down inside the cabinet and I'm pretty sure that it's not supposed to be. Check to see if the hinges of that piece need repair.

I've added a pic to kind of show you how the back piece of wood sits flush with the rest of the top. When I want to close the machine, I lift it up and forward. Then I lift that back piece of wood so that I can then lower the machine down into the cabinet. Once the machine is inside I again lower the piece of wood and it will still be flush with the rest of the top of the cabinet.
Attached Thumbnails resized-2.jpg  

Last edited by cabbagepatchkid; 12-19-2011 at 06:40 PM.