Thread: Paper Piecing
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Quiltntime

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Not wishful thinking. You use freezer paper. You "sew" the pattern onto freezer paper with an unthreaded needle so it preferates (sp?) the paper.

Here is a link to one tutorial I found: http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21

This gal is assuming you have a preprinted freezer paper pattern and says to score it. I have never had a preprinted freezer paper pattern so I just use a normal paper pattern and have it on the top with several pieces of freezer paper underneath (hit the layer with the tip of your iron in a couple of spots and it will stick together and not move when you do this step) when I do the preforation step. However once you get to about step 4 of this tutorial the steps are basically the same.

I love this method! the waxy coating of the freezer paper stablizes the entire unit as you progress and the pattern pieces are reusable. I have gotten up to 8 units out of one piece before it quit sticking.

FF
Thank you for posting this link. I have an iris quilt pattern that would be great for paper piecing, but never knew quite how to do it. Love that freezer paper! :wink: