Thread: Christmas slump
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 10:12 AM
Katia

Christmas is always hard for me. My mom passed away on this day fourteen years ago and it is always hard for me to get excited. You would think I would move on and not let it bother me, but well, time does not heal everything. You just learn how to deal. And then this year my BFF and her daughter both passed away at the first of the month. Talk about a kick in the stomach. We lived far apart, and did not talk as often as we should have, so I have those regrets snapping at me once in awhile.

So I have been attempting to fake it till I make it. I have to or I would be a puddle. I keep myself busy and try not to dwell. I am excited since we are going to our kids for the week after Christmas. That will be fun, playing Santa and all that. I love being with the grandkids and miss them so much.

I have also made a bunch of stuff for my kids and grands. I am hoping to get everything done. But like Otis, it is much easier to sit hear and read this board or play games on Facebook. I saw a quote on Facebook that says it all. ​"I'm taking care of my procrastination thing. Just you wait and see"