View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 09:45 PM
sewbeadit

I agree with you Michellesews on the vertical space. I have my sewing tables against the wall too, one day I may change that. I am looking for good ideas for sure. Having only moved in a few months ago and then starting on Christmas sewing I haven't had a lot of time to really think of what to do. I like the vertical thinking. I also have a cutting table behind where I sit at the sewing machine and a table with a studio cutter on it next to that. I am trying to fit some more bookcases/storage cases behind maybe the studio table. I still want others to be able to come and sew with me so need to leave a spot for them

Originally Posted by Michellesews View Post
One of my "projects" of late is to make more storage/sewing space. I have gone vertical....I used to have my sewing machine/serger with a wall behind and realized if I moved those to the window, I could use the entire wall. I purchased some Azar peg boards from amazon.com and they are the best thing going....at least for me. I now have what I need at the cutting table, what I need at the sewing machine...but i have to be careful not to travel with tools...I am bad about that, and then they end up somewhere they should not be. I have tried to set up "zones"...cutting zone, pressing zone, sewing/serging zone, etc. They I purchased some plastic boxed with snap on lids, they are about 18 inches high and 9 inches across, nice size and will stack well. Each one has a different color of scraps in it....now I am waiting for my thread racks to arrive and that should help as well. It is always a work in progress it seems. But any vertical wall space is prime pickings!