Thread: Christmas slump
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 PM
sewbeadit

Honeynga, I know how you are feeling. I have two daughters within a mile of me and I feel like they don't even know I live in the same town. I might as well live in Florida as much as I see them, they would probably come visit more if I did live in Florida.

Originally Posted by Honeynga View Post
I could have written a lot of these posts...what am I doing constructive...nothing, reading QB. I made a list on Sunday night for what I hoped to accomplish each day this week.....I'm really doing rather good, but then again the list wasn't filled with what I SHOULD be doing ! Haven't heard from oldest daughter who lives out of state with her family.....which is really ok, too much water under that bridge to worry about it now. Local daughter called me yesterday with an off handed invitation to go to her inlaw's house on Saturday night....I've only been living near this daughter since February and just before each holiday I would call and ask what their plans were for the holiday and would get a vague answer....only later to find out they had a cook out; went to the water park; went to a local arts and crafts fair......and I was not invited......so I decided not to ask anymore and certainly not try to get an invitation to somewhere I wasn't wanted !
Youngest girl lives 50 miles away and I'm going to her house on Christmas Eve, her church, then we'll have dinner that I'm taking (shrimp/crab meat gumbo); we will go to church on Christmas Day and have planned a ham dinner with all the trimmings.....she is so excited that I'm coming...you know that makes difference in your heart.

Told a friend of mine last night that I wish I could just find a rabbit hole, jump down it and stay until after the holidays.....at my age, almost 65, I'm sort of tired of the whole thing. I do focus on the Reason for the Season, and am attending an Advent Bible Study at my church........so, yes I'm whining and doing a very good job.

What bothers me the most is that I see so many posts where folks have lost their moms and really miss them especially at holiday time....wonder if two of my three girls will ever feel that way ? Two of the three have lives that re so busy doing "stuff", buying, running here and there, partying, etc......I was raised by a foster mom and there isn't a day that goes by I don't think about her and for a very long time would think of something I wanted to talk with her about........

Getting up now, going to start making a batch of Divinity, finish a denim quilt and might even wrap a few gifts ! Hope each of you and your families have a safe, joyous and blessed holiday season !