Old 12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
paulina

Originally Posted by Darby361 View Post
Hi folks! I am somewhat new to quilting. I have taken several classes at my LQS; made a few table runners, two lap quilts and now I am hooked! I currently use a fairly simple Brother machine that was fine to get started, but I am getting frustrated with it. It is great for piecing, but not so much for quilting. This last lap quilt I made I felt was pieced beautifully. I was very proud of it... until I quilted it. The darn walking foot and I just did not get along. I ended up with several tucks where the top was pushed ahead of the backing. Even my instructor was struggling with it when she tried to help me, so I know it is not just operator error. I am so disappointed with my quilt now that I doubt I will even bind it.
I recently started a thread about that very issue with the walking foot on my Brother. So now I just use the standard presser foot instead of the walking foot for straight line quilting and it works beautifully.

I am so ready to upgrade my machine but unfortunately that is not a budget friendly issue.