View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Cagey

Default Great grandma's quilt

I hope this works - first time sending a picture. Whew! Sorry about starting a new thread but forgot where I was on the board.

Here is the picture of the quilt blocks my Great Grandmother made back in the 1930ish. I just finished sewing half of it together. When its done it will be about 50 x 64. There is an assortment of colors so had to improvise a design. The 3 gray blocks on the left will be in the center when I get it done. These blocks have been in a shoe box for over 50 years at my aunts house and she finally sent them to me. Guess I'm the only one in the family that has an appreciation of family quilts. I would have rather hand sewed them but since I have never done that, I thought she would forgive me - at least it looks like a quilt now. I have to tell you that every single star point and seam lined up perfectly with the others and it was all done by hand. Doubt if they had rotary cutters back then. I'm so honored to be able to complete this quilt for her. I hope she is smiling down on me. It sure felt like her hands were guiding me through this project.
Attached Thumbnails josies-quilt.jpg