Old 12-21-2011, 09:39 PM
tjradj

Wow, this thread has been inspiring.
As a retired nurse, I use hemostats for everything from pulling up a bobbin thread, to holding the needle while inserting it, to pulling a needle through, to pushing out corners or reaching inside to grab a corner to pull it out on tiny things like doll clothes.
For organization, I have a bunch of the scrapbooker's organizer cubes - about 14" WxHxDeep. They come in all kinds of configurations and snap together. The one with 4 drawers fits FQ's perfectly.
White rice for filling pin cushions.
Pill bottles for used pins/needles.
Dull sewing machine needles to hang up pictures - they leave a teeny tiny hole in the drywall and stick out better than a lot of nails - they hold a decent weight for their size.
Computer armoire - now that the computer is a laptop, the armoire is my stash/patterns/scrap/everything else that I can hide behind a door storage.
My stapler - to add a tag with a number or letter to identify blocks - also to tag the upper right corner so I get them all in the right direction before sewing.
And the best one is a steel slotted spoon - to reach and scratch that spot on your back where you can't reach!