Old 12-22-2011, 11:43 AM
urgodschild2

oh my goodness 54 pages already. Yikes. Ok I am so in on this. But I am not using the same tyoe of material that is in the Dear Jane quilt. I might make one later in those colors etc. But I am on a very limited budget and so I have to use what I have. Which is.....don't laugh now.....a zillion cat materials. Yep kitties everywhere. My idea was to make a cat quilt, which by the way I do have started and is a great UFO. But I tend to go overboard when I start something and so I have way too much cat material. So I am making a Dear Jane out of all the cat material. I was so excited to get going that I ran right out and bought the software. I got it up and running and I have already started on the first row. My squares are coming out at the right dimensions which totally amazed me that they did. I am sewing it all by hand only because the pieces are so tiny. I got up to A 11 and hit a snag. How the heck do you put that thing together. I made it but it is totally screwy. After I got it done, I realized I left out 3 pieces and the darn thing still measured correctly. Have no idea what or how I did but it really doesn't lie just right. I may keep it as I am learning so much and it is a huge learning curve to make this thing. But I probably will make a whole new one when ever the group gets to the square. I really could use the advice and help. some of the squares lend themselves to showing of the kitty cats while others, you can't tell what the material was. I am also going with a basically green/blue colors.