View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 04:55 AM
sueandsew

Default picking a newsewing machine

I have a 12 yr. old Bernina. I thought when I bought it I was getting the best. I think I got rooked though, and was sold a demonstrator instead of the new one I ordered. Too late to do anything about that, but I've had nothing but headaches with that darn thing. Am thinking of buying a new one, but I am so spooked with all the "latest and greatest". My older sister had a Singer that she used for years with no problems. I'd NEVER buy a Singer though, old or new. Had one, had major problems...it was in shop more than in my home. SOOOOO, I'm in a quandary as to which brand to pick. Read on here that the Baby Lock is good, but stay away from Singer, Viking, Pfaff, and others. I do lots of sewing and quilting, but am NOT interested in machine quilting....I only piece on my machine and only do hand quilting which I dearly love. I'm not sure, but I think Great Gramma would turn her nose up at machine quilting...it's just not legitimate. LOL Let's keep tradition as tradition... Any help out there? Oh, I did like a Janome that I saw 4 or 5 years ago. It was priced around $500 or $600.