Old 12-23-2011, 05:15 AM
wuv2quilt

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Wuv2qlt, the blues are fabulous, but are you really sure of the lime green? I see that others think it sets it off, but I think it does it to much. It looks like a sore thumb hanging out there. If you are doing in real moderation, a little here and there, may work, I would get a softer green to tone it down a bit if you are going to do a green. You could always throw in a white on white which would look great. What block are you making or pattern? That may be your biggest factor in deciding. Your blues are fabulous, blue being my favorite color. Did you put in a beige, brown, or tan color to see how that looks?
I'm making islandwiz1 a pointed Dresden plate. I had thought to use the green for leaves around a few of the plates. BUT, after chatting with my partner, I'll be going a different route.....pastels . I have a beautiful off-white with soft lavender pansy's and pale greenery....paired with some pastel blue, purple, and greens. YUMMY
I'm trying to figure WHERE to post pics so that islandwiz1 DOES NOT see them.....she want's to be surprised.

Ok, I'm off to my Quilt Shack to do some organizing, and sewing.
Happy, Safe , and Blessed Holidays to All!