View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 05:30 AM
QuiltingKrazy

I had my mom's old Bernina 830 that she bought in the 70's I think. It sewed like a champ! I did finally get a new Janome 6500 about two years ago ONLY because I wanted all the newer things like thread cutter, self thread needle, knee lift, and a whole bunch more stitches. Before deciding on that model, I searched the internet for pros and cons on all sorts of models IN MY PRICE RANGE. You find more cons than pros alot of times. But my advice to you is to decide on the things you want in a new machine and your price range. Then go to stores to actually try out the different machines. They all feel different. I found out some of the less expensive models felt like really cheap when sewing although they look great and price was right. Things to think about is will you be taking to quiltiing classes? if so think about the weight. My Janome is rather heavy but I don't take that one to classes. How many of those fancy stitches will you really use? How much room does the throat area have? I really thought I wanted another Bernina but in my price range all I could get was one that had only 6 inches! My 6500 has 9inches. SHop around, price compare and dont hesitate to try and get a better price. They can bargin like car dealers! Good Luck, and I am sure which ever machine you decide on you will love it!

I did buy mine online and paid $900 for new in the box with a 30 full refund return policy if I didn't like it. They would even pay the shipping to return it! How could I not try it! I tried it and Loved it!

Last edited by QuiltingKrazy; 12-23-2011 at 05:32 AM.