View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Ps 150

Default Done!! I'm Finally Done!!

The day after Thanksgiving I finally started my Christmas sewing. Each fall I make clothes for my girls since they're very tall and lean for their ages. Normally, I finish quickly, but this year I had a few extra adjustments to make and that took a little longer so I got a late start on their Christmas Quilts. About half way through December I started posting about my progress here on the board: http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t171790.html So many of you have become the cheerleaders I needed so I thought I'd post pics of the finished projects. I finished them late last night.

I made them each a double sized Warm Wishes quilt to highlight the fussy cut blocks I was using for each quilt. Then I made them each a smaller quilt--a lap sized quilt for my oldest and a wall hanging that my youngest has been asking for.

The small wall hanging is a 4 patch with appliqued, fussy cut Hello Kitties and a tied ribbon. The lap quilt was an inspiration from a picture I saw at Joann's. They had a pattern, but it required me to enlarge the small leaflet by 200% and then to enlarge those enlargements by 400%. I'm not that tech-savvy and I don't live near a Kinko's so I just sketched my own pattern out on kraft paper. I also made it reversible and incorporated a QAYG technique with the body being a sort of binding for the butterfly. She's always loved horses and butterflies so I thought these two quilts (her Warm Wishes is the pastel one with horses) were perfect for her. For my youngest, she loves Hello Kitty and cats in general so she has the large, bold quilt with fussy cut cats and the small wall hanging. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails butterfly-lap-quilt-1.jpg   butterfly-lap-quilt-2.jpg   hello-kitty-wall-hanging-1.jpg   hello-kitty-wall-hanging-2.jpg   caites-lps-1.jpg  

caites-lps-2.jpg   maddies-lps-1.jpg   maddies-lps-2.jpg  

Last edited by Ps 150; 12-23-2011 at 06:45 AM.