Old 12-23-2011, 08:50 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by logofflater View Post
I had my tonsils out when I was 5 and it was gruesome in the extreme. The pain never seemed to end. The adults had told me it wouldn't hurt and that I could have all the ice cream I wanted afterward. I wanted none. What I learned from that experience was that all adults will lie.

The only reason to have tonsils out is necrotic tissue. Short of that deal with it. Children need to be taken to the doctor and given antibiotics not made to tough it out resulting in necrotic tissue.

Where do people get the idea that children (or newborns) feel less pain than adults? Where does this idea come from?

Sorry for being off topic but I'd like my voice heard on this subject in counterpoint to the rosey previously expressed opinions. 61 years later and the pain is still vivid. The betrayal sharply remembered.
I was going to ignore this post because I'm in a rush today- just came on for a quick peek to see how everyone is doing with their vintage ladies and gents.

Well, Sorry to read that you had such a bad experience. Any surgery is nasty and takes time to recover from.

When I was little, I learned that I had tonsils through the kids in my neighborhood. They all talked about having their tonsils removed and getting to eat lots of popsicles and ice cream. They said it was painful, but that didn't matter since one got to eat all the ice cream that they wanted for a day.

Well, I remember going home and telling my parents that I wanted my tonsils out too, even though I didn't need them removed. I think I was just six at that time, and I thought there must be something not right about my health since I still had tonsils. I had mine removed at age 25, and it wasn't nice.

What also marvels me are the woman that give birth and are walking around shopping two days later. Not me, I was out for more than a week...but that's another story.

And with that note...

May Wilbur have a comfortable Christmas...

And may everyone here have a safe holiday weekend...

A Happy Hanukkah....

And A Merry Christmas....

May there to be PEACE to ALL.

-Vintagemotif