Old 12-23-2011, 11:29 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by klgreene View Post
Ok, now if I used a 3" circle on the 12 1/2" block, would I use a 1 1/2" circle on the 6???? I'd really like to see a Drunkard path in with the rest of my 6 1/2" blocks.
Katie I use a 1 7/8" or a 2" circle I used the 1 7/8th for a long time but when I had to give a size for a lesson I rounded it up to 2" because it was easier for getting a premade template for the circle. I dont' think it makes too much differance. You can always use copy paper to practice. My thing is I want to make sure when you sew two blocks together the quarter circles overlap enough to get a good design. Preferably for me I like the thread that runs through the quarter circles to meet.(the top stitching you get when you sew the circle onto the background square) But they don't always do that. It is a look I like tho when I can get it to work.

Here is a hot pad I did years ago and it shows what I mean by the threads connecting. It is a 6 1/2" quilt block. All my hotpads are 6 1/2" quilt blocks then I add borders to get an 8 1/2" size unfinished.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]297258[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mar-17004.jpg  

Last edited by Rhonda; 12-23-2011 at 11:37 AM.