Old 12-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Quilting Nonnie

Hey QuiltE!

I wondered where you were! You had been doing so many blocks and then it stopped. I really thought it was the new quilt board not notifying me, but I had gone and put all the blocks in my threads.

Glad to hear from you. Hurray for us...the last big push. My mom used to always say that when we were in the middle of a task. We'd start a new part of it and she'd say, "The last big push." But it wasn't, but it did spur us on.

You really have a deadline with the PC coming up. After MUCH deliberation, and even collecting fabrics, I decided not to do the PC next year. I kept on wanting to do it with everyone from the FW. But I also have other quilts to do and just need time for them. For the school year it's difficult for me to even keep up with 2 blocks a week. Then I don't have any time to work on any thing else. I'd like to do shorter projects, like quilts that only take two or three months to finish!

I still have sashing, joining and quilting to do. I'm thinking another 18 months, mostly because I am going to hand quilt and I am still hand quilting another quilt. I think I'm more than half way through. So there's the sad story of why I won't be joining the party at the corral!