View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 01:29 PM
peggymunday

Default King Size T-shirt Quilts and Pillow

I had a request for TWO king size T-shirt quilts from parents of two sons who love basketball. Being so sports minded, they had lots of shirts and lots of memories of the game. They also had a sweatshirt from a dear friend that had passed and wanted to incorporate that into the present as well. I hesitated in cutting the sweatshirt emblems, which were closely set together and didn't want them to lose the impact of the memory. So "the poem" was born. I'm no poet, but this just seemed to flow onto the page. I must have hit the right chords, however, since everyone connected teared up while reading. The mother met us at Lambert's Cafe in Sikeston, MO to pickup the quilts and pillow. (Absolutely wonderful restaurant, you have to try if you're anywhere nearby. "Home of the throwed rolls".) We met in the foyer and showed them off to her and it was there she read the pillow poem - "Nothin' But Net". She was actually still sobbing when she left and drove away in her car. I'm so happy I was able to be a part of this lovely celebration. Here are some pics -
Attached Thumbnails 100_4520.jpg   100_4515.jpg   100_4528.jpg   100_4531.jpg   100_4562.jpg