View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 06:07 PM
maryb119

I think the "best machine" is the one that is right for you. Go to several dealers and try different machines. You will know when you find the right one for you. I am a Pfaff lover. They are perfect for me. I have had my 7550 for 16 years and the only thing I have ever done for it is regular cleanings and a once every 18 month tune up by my dealer. My other machine is a Pfaff 2144 with all the upgrades so it is actually a 2170 machine. Again, I have regular cleanings and tune ups. You would not drive your car with out having it serviced now and then. My machines are work horses. I was head seamstress for a bridal shop for 5 years and used my machines for my work. The both have a "lot of miles" on them but run and stitch beautifully. The duel feed is a feature that I won't be without. You have to decided for yourself which one is the best machine for you. You know what you will use it for and your price range. Don't overlook a refurbished machine. Sometimes you can get more for less that way. Good luck on your search.