View Single Post
Old 12-23-2011, 07:21 PM
leggz48

Update! First, let me say that I really appreciate all the suggestions and input from you ladies. After weeks…ok, months….. of thought and planning, I searched and found some great 30s reproduction fabric with EVERY color in it to correspond with the butterflies. (BTW, I only photographed 4 blocks for the initial post when actually there were 30 blocks (blue, green, pink, yellow, brown, orange, and red).) My plan was to sash with black since the butterflies had black bodies and the wings were embroidered in black. When I got close to cutting the border, I felt the 30s print was just too distracting…. I didn’t want to go with a solid (too boring). I had a one yard cut of Moda Wildflowers II and it just looked right. I know….it’s not keeping with the period; but my friend is not a “purist” ….and after 78 years of the blocks being in storage, my goal was to get the project finished, so she can enjoy it. So, I went to my LQS and Lo & Behold, they had the Wildflowers fabric! I bought 2 yards to keep the ‘landscape’ directional. I used a 200 psi threadcount sheet in a muted, mint green color as backing. I finished the project tonight at 6:30PM, adding a label to identify all parties; and delivered the quilt to my friend at 7:30PM. She was so happy, and we were both bawling in a matter of minutes. This was my Christmas Blessing! Thanks again for your input. Merry Christmas!!!
Attached Thumbnails 102_5314.jpg   102_5315.jpg   102_5317.jpg   102_5319.jpg