View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 05:42 AM
onaemtnest

Originally Posted by AndiR View Post
I've been following this thread with interest as I have a small shop in addition to my longarm business, and it's always a guessing game as to what will sell well. When I read the original question, my thought was - she's going to get as many different answers as there are people responding to the question . And with the exception of the trend of people looking for white/cream/neutrals, I think I was right. My experience is that what sells the best is the line that you make samples from. I can take a piece or line that isn't selling, make a sample with it, and it will usually fly out the door.

Good luck with your new venture!
"My experience is that what sells the best is the line that you make samples from. I can take a piece or line that isn't selling, make a sample with it, and it will usually fly out the door."

Andi....What a brilliant statement and strategy!!!!! That is exactly right for me...as a consumer and a visual learner/type person. Showing me an example of what can be done with a line of fabric 'clicks' this old/older brain of mine into action!