View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 07:24 AM
C.

Congrats!!!!! You will love this machine and WOW what a price, totally unheard of.... These machines need NO oiling as the bearings are sealed. The only thing that is needed every once in a while is just ONE drop of oil in the bobbin hook race area. You will see this little pot in the center when you take the whole bobbin assembly out, it has a little wick, do not remove, just place your drop of oil there and it keeps that area moving smoothly. As for cleaning, totally a matter of choice, my two different dealers told me as long as I clean the bobbin from lint (like every other time I put in a new bobbin, that every 3 years would be good for taking it in. I have 4 Janomes: the 6600 (my baby), the 9700, the 3160 for classes and my old class one a Jem Silver. I have NEVER had a problem with any machine in over the 20 years that I have bought different Janomes, others I have sold to update. My one thing that I would suggest is to read your manual and get familiar with your machine.... You too, will love it........