View Single Post
Old 12-24-2011, 08:31 AM
MrsBoats

Default I'm getting better!

This was sort of my Christmas present to myself-an uninterrupted to day to finish this. The pattern and jelly roll have been sitting in my 'next project' box for more than a month now, calling my name. I finally got to a point where I could do it yesterday.

The pattern is Key to My Heart (from Etsy seller sweetjane) and the fabric is Moda's Antique Fair. I was looking for something to practice my piecing on-as soon as I saw this pattern, I knew it would be next. I did notice that in the second picture, the bottom row is going to have to come off and move to the top; I've got two blocks with the same fabric one on top of the other, which is was trying *not* to do. (Hmph!) Other than that, it went together easily, and turned into the shakedown cruise for my new Featherweight, since my Pfaff decided to be difficult right at the beginning. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out. I can definitely see improvements! Now I just need to find the right fabric for the back (one of the fabrics in the top) and I'll be good to go!

eta: The green around the edge is the rug its laying on.
Attached Thumbnails keysquilttop01.jpg   keysquilttop02.jpg