Old 12-25-2011, 07:30 AM
quiltdoctor

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Texas Jan, this group continues to educated me. I thought, and I know I have read, that New Home has been around since 1860. First known as the Gold Medal Sewing Company, then around 1879 to 1882 they were re-organized with the name New Home. In about 1927 New Home was bought out by the Free Sewing Machine Company, but remained New Home - a subsidiary of the Free Sewing Machine Company. In about 1960 New Home, the subsidiary of Free, was purchased by Janome Sewing Machine Co. of Japan.

Why do you think your New Home was not made by New Home? I am just curious as I love the sewing machine world's history!

Nancy
Here I am red faced !! When I first started collecting, someone told me that New Home machines were "Badged" like so many others. I took it as the gospel truth and I was wrong!! Sorry to Miriam and anyone else that I confused. Eating Humble Pie is good for a soul on Christmas Day. Now what I want to know is what Model of New Home she is. Ismacs shows and identical picture of her and her cabinet called "Light Running". Is that the Model name?? http://pages.sewing-machine-manuals....922766921.html She does have a different bobbin winder, like another of the New Home models, but that could have been interchanged.
Hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Day!!
Texas Jan