Old 12-25-2011, 07:47 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by quiltsillysandi View Post
A HUGE THANKS to all of you that responded....You have no idea how much you have helped.......I love this board!

@Nanamoms - I'll need to check how to delete old messages and remember where I got this pattern from...If I am not mistaken, it was a free one!! Will send it as soon as I can....I am sooooooo excited about this machine.....Right now I am stitching out a pattern so I can intentionally run out of bobbin thread to practice changing the bobbin and then going back to my pattern.....BTW, the colors in the pics are waaaaaaaaaaaay off.....the Christmas stocking is much more vibrant and the background is actually Christmas green and it's showing as a yukky grey green...

Thanks again everyone!
Hi I have a Viking Ruby and did a lot of free standing lace for Christmas. I used the ultra Sulky water stabilizer and only needed one layer. I have a large hoop and I got the Sulky on the roll so to make it fit better on my hoop I put the blue painters tape on the edges before I hooped it and it gave just enough extra room to make it fit better and then I folded the tape down. Another trick I found when doing the lace was when mine messed up and tore the stabilizer; I took the hoop off of the machine, and used spray basting and put another layer of stabilizer on top of the tear, the put the hoop back on and backed up the machine to where it messed up and was able to continue on. This trick helps even if you can't save that design but have many designs on one hooping by fixing the stablizier you are able to move onto the next design. I hate wasting money so this was the reason why I found this fix. I used a regular embroidery needle to do my designs. My machines likes all of the threads so far but I have to keep the needle sharp.