View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Quilting Nonnie

Default Wow! 54 pages already!

I just found this thread and I'm definitely in! I also joined a UFO a month challenge; challenge being the operative word here!

This challenge is much more to my style and pacing. I ditto all said about Bonnie Hunter. I'm working on a Spider Web Scrap Quilt from her site.

I also took a class from the Nickel Quilts lady, whose name I can't recall at the moment. We learned about making a quilt from her book and she gave us a handout of how to make a strip quilt of the 5" pieces leftover after cutting the 5" squares. I've got that quilt made. In the plain fabric areas I'm hand quilting a motif. I had someone machine quilt the strippy area. The quilt is a large queen! I'm a little more than halfway on the quilt.

The plain fabric was from my aunt's stash that I inherited. It's such a beautiful color. Finding something for the borders was difficult, since they aren't making fabric that color right now. If I tried purple the fabric would look blue. If I tried blue the fabric looked purple!

Anyway, here's a peek at the quilt before quilting. And no, this won't count as my UFO for this thread!
Attached Thumbnails xstring-quilt.jpg