Thread: TinLizzi18
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2011, 10:43 AM
lyndarva

The best way to purchase a Tin Lizzie is to go to a quilting exhibition like Mancuso puts on. They usually have better prices there as the sales are made by the corporate office. It doesn't hurt to try to negotiate a price with them. The thing about going to a large quilt exhibit where vendors are is you can look at and try out the different sewing machines and long-arm machines. You can ask questions there.

I have the Tin Lizzie 18 sit down model. I used to use the Janome 1600 DP on a Handi-Quilter frame. The Janome 1600 series machines are good machines. One thing is the Tin Lizzie 18 can be serviced by the owner etc. with all the videos and information they have. You wouldn't be able to service the circuit board unit for example. The Janome 1600 cannot be serviced by the owner. A consumer is not able to thoroughly clean the Janome 1600 after heavy use. You will love the large harp/neck area on the Tin Lizzie.

I am disabled and I just was not able to use the stand-up long-arm machines on frames. I do love the sit down model.